Promotions & Event Manager – Salem Media Group | Eagan, MN
Salem Media Group in the Twin Cities is looking for a dynamic and creative Promotions and Event Manager that will make a full contribution to the success of the Marketing/Promotion, Programming, and Sales departments by being an effective team member, assist in the execution of station promotions and events from inception to completion; assist and coordinate different outside marketing plans, and assist with our client’s social media initiatives. We are looking for someone who can create a “buzz” and help deliver the Salem mission throughout the Twin Cities.
- Oversee all promotions and marketing efforts for AM 1280 The Patriot, AM 980 KKMS, Business 1440, Wellness Radio 1570, and digital only theFishTwinCities.com. This includes on-air, on-line, and on-location promotions, and it also includes all aspects of marketing the brands, in all forms, on all platforms.
- Generate specific promotional strategies to grow the brands. This requires coordinating with personnel in the department to plan and execute these strategies and to measure their success.
- Work with the Operations Manager and Multimedia Sales Manager to identify and develop revenue-generating promotional opportunities.
- Plan and execute all aspects of station events for all four stations, including:
- Prepare promotional strategy outlining timelines and deadlines for marketing elements, registration, etc.
- Oversee registration process, send updates to team, track pacing
- Prepare event timeline, sponsor timeline, and program clock
- Schedule staff and ensure all day-of responsibilities are covered
- Create sales recap
- Pursue new opportunities to grow the stations’ presence in cross-platform arenas, specifically, mobile, web, and social media with the Digital Audience Specialist.
- Assist the clusters efforts with social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Run weekly promotions and marketing meetings for the radio station cluster.
- Create and edit cluster newsletters and press releases when needed.
- Coordinate relationships with national ministries and oversee execution of national promotional campaigns with local promotions staff.
- A minimum of two-years of promotions/event marketing experience.
- The flexibility to work nights and/or weekends is crucial
- Understanding of radio promotional and programming strategy and online and social media marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and strategic thinker.
- Organized individual with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Strong computer skills required including writing, web development, and photo editing and presentation design.
Salem Media Group offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.Please visit our website for more information about Salem Media Group at www.SalemMedia.com
. No Phone calls please. Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, please upload a well-written cover letter with salary requirements and resume when applying online.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.