Manager, National Promotions
When you turn your radio dial to your favorite Christian station, you’ll be listening to compelling, impactful songs by artists both new and established. National Promotions teams working for record labels all over the country influence which songs you’ll hear. It’s up to the National Promotions team at Provident Music Group to develop marketing campaigns for artist brand exposure through the medium of Christian radio. We are looking for a promoter who has a special blend of skills… a web-savvy idea person who enjoys building and fostering mutually beneficial relationships.
If you’re a creative, relational person who enjoys spending a lot of time working the phones…
If you’re the kind of person who can apply yourself to maximize desired results, with an eye to the big picture…
If you’re a decisive forward-thinker who relishes developing short- and long-term strategies with a team…
Then consider this rewarding position as a Manager of National Promotions at leading Christian music company Provident Label Group. Directly influence PLG’s success by promoting music to radio stations across the country just by being yourself: a great communicator, a determined salesperson, and an innovative critical thinker.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
- Promote Provident Label Group records and artists to chart reporting radio stations in assigned radio formats with the goal of securing commitments from radio programmers and music directors to play PLG artist singles. Track airplay of PLG singles, using information gathered from conversations with radio programmers and chart information to help develop strategies to achieve airplay goals established by PLG National Promotions leadership.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with radio programmers through telephone conversations, conventions, leadership boards, and by making on-site visits, including traveling with artists to radio stations for meetings, on-air interviews, and promotional concerts.
- Work with the radio promotions team to help create marketing/promotions plans which include the following: On-air promotions, give-away campaigns, radio contests, artist phone-in interviews, and artist promotional tours (including scheduling on-air time for artists). Assist stations with planning local market promotions. Implement promotional plans, making on-the-spot decisions as needed to secure airplay and to achieve airplay goals. Set priorities for expenditure of promotional dollars and develop a promotions budget (under the direction of the Dir, Natl Promotions).
- Work with the radio promotions team to help create, develop, and implement effective promotions to launch new artists, including planning travel with new artists, developing contests, and creating “out-of-the-box” ideas for artist exposure.
- Provide input into selection of radio singles, based on research and programmer relationships, to VP, Natl Promotions.
- Identify radio stations to mentor and bring up to the level of becoming a chart-reporting station.
- Assist VP, Natl Promotions in planning and execution of radio events such as CMB Momentum Convention, CMB Summit Events, Provident-Integrity Distribution Sales Conference, CBA International, and private label events.
- Track and monitor budgeted expenditures.
- Minimum of an associate degree or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous knowledge/experience of the radio industry preferred.
- Experience in Christian radio preferred.
- Must be available to travel.
Promoters are personable, savvy, and creative entrepreneurs. Not only are they selling a product (a single) to radio program directors, they’re selling themselves as a credible source for providing something worthwhile for their clientele. Thus, the ideal candidate will think critically about how all the pieces of business connect and will leverage relationships to produce desired “big-picture” results. A strong collaborative, team-oriented approach is a must. Finally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding communication and relational skills.
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment. Enjoy a fun and creative atmosphere in the music industry! Provident employees work in an attractive corporate environment in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including 401(k) match, medical/dental/life/disability insurance, AND 28 paid days off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Are you the ideal candidate described above? Apply online at http://www.sonymusic.com/careers.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps. First, apply for this job online. Then, go to http://jobs-sonymusic.icims.com and, after logging in, click on “Update Profile.” From there, you can upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done. We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-sonymusic.icims.com.