Sr. Manager, Promotions
The Sr. Manager of Promotions leads the KSBJ and NGEN promotions outreach team, and provides vision and strategic direction for KSBJ and NGEN promotions initiatives. Serves as a member of the Marketing Team and reports directly to the Director, Marketing and Promotions.
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Develop strategy with Director, Marketing and Promotions for NGEN and KSBJ Promotions and Outreach initiatives
- Serve as the liaison between the KSBJ and NGEN promotions teams and seek out opportunities for any co-branding initiatives.
- Facilitate off-site activities and maintain the integrity of KSBJ and NGEN’s presence at all events and KSBJ/NGEN sponsored activities
- Identify local events and community initiatives that will support the marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and execute strategies that elevate awareness for KSBJ/NGEN at local schools, colleges, youth events and conferences.
- Ensure consistency in on-air promotional and outreach communications
- Responsible for event branding
- Assist with planning and execution of events at the station
- Coordinate with Director, Promotions and Marketing to design and implement on-air contests and promotions
- Identify, engage and manage relationships with community leaders, industry contacts, churches and other organizations
- Responsible for identifying and executing large community events and primary messaging projects
- Responsible for managing and executing outreach projects
- Direct NGEN in the City and KSBJ on the Street initiatives
- Oversee organization, efficiency, and maintenance of departmental resources, supplies, and equipment
- Act as project manager for all promotions initiatives
- Participate in Heartbeat and Pulse teams and help set the vision for Promotions/Outreach events
- Ensure Outreach team, third party vendors and event hosts have all information and/or tools necessary to ensure a quality event
- Ensure timely response to our listener and community requests
- Maintain focus and tracking of our community scorecard
- Provide reporting on all events
- Assist Director, Marketing and Promotions in ordering promotional items
- Oversee all promotional support for on-air giveaways
- Responsible for promotions product inventory
- Provide oversight for execution of all events from set up to tear down
- Oversee coordination and execution of Live Remote setups
- Coordinate volunteers to assist in promo booth support
- Serve on the Food Team for Sharathon and PowerDrive to secure meals for volunteers.
- Secure media credentials, VIP invitations and tickets
- Any other duties assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or related job experience in lieu of degree
3 to 5 years’ experience leading promotions and community relations teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of radio promotional and marketing techniques
- Radio industry experience preferred
- Enthusiastic and creative team player
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Effective writing skills and excellent grammatical usage and style
- Detail oriented with strong ability to maintain brand standards
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Exceptional planning and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work successfully across multiple departments
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extensive community and industry contacts, a plus
- Ability to build and foster relationships
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong network of established community connections, preferred
Immediate supervision of a small group of employees. Recommends candidates for hiring, termination; prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews, and applies company policies.
Working Conditions and Environment
Frequent Houston Metro Area
Requires early mornings, evenings and weekends – including holidays
Approximately 8 community events per quarter and 2 KSBJ Special Events per month
Ability to drive van
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time
To apply for this and any other open positions that you may qualify for, please visit our careers webpage located at www.ksbj.org/careers
Who We Are
KSBJ Educational Foundation is a Christ-centered, non-profit, listener-supported radio ministry.
“To be the Voice of Hope, Connecting People to God.”
Our Core Values
We’re Passionate for Christ
We Love People
We Serve Others
Together We’re Better
To apply for this job please visit www.ksbj.org.