KSBJ Program Director
The KSBJ Program Director serves as member of the KSBJ Programming team and report directly to the Vice President, Operations. The KSBJ Program Director ensures all on-air communication is aligned with KSBJ’s mission and target, including all songs, production pieces, live breaks, vignettes and service elements such as news, traffic and weather. The KSBJ Program Director is also responsible for designing, analyzing and implementing all research projects related to programming as well as formulating strategies for attracting, retaining and growing KSBJ’s listening audience.
- Oversee programming quality:
- Monitor quality of KSBJ’s signal and sound
- Conduct DJ air-checks
- Responsible for music research and music meetings
- Responsible for strategic design, implementation and support for on-air promotions
- Oversee production, imaging quality control and alignment
- Serve, develop, and lead creative team both on and off air
- Lead the Heartbeat Team responsible for priority messaging and emergency response
- Represent KSBJ Leadership in industry wide organizations
- Develop strategies to implement research data and analysis of ratings, competition and trends
- Evaluate direction and/or changes in format, programming or style of KSBJ’s on-air product
- Analyze and react to competitive landscape
- Provide strategic on-air support for Special Events and Ticket Servant divisions
- Provide ongoing communication of programming outcomes to Senior Leadership and Board of Directors
- Collaborate with Donor Relations for on-air donor experience
- Respond to listener correspondence related to programming issues
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree (Communications) preferred, but not required.
5 years’ experience in a major market or 7 years in a medium market as Program Director or Assistant Program Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable, conversant and demonstrates an understanding of KSBJ’s audience and the Christian culture
- Strong understanding of radio basics and knowledge of radio ratings services
- Adept at 360-degree communications
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to schedule music as well as design and implement a music strategy
- Strong ability to manage talent
- Creative and enthusiastic, team player
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Effective writing skills and excellent grammatical usage and style
- Excellent interpersonal skill
Immediate supervision over a unit, section or department. Recommends candidates for hiring, termination; prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews, and applies company policies.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
To apply, visit our careers webpage located at www.ksbj.org/careers and complete the application.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ksbj.org/careers →