Production Manager/On-Air Utility Player
The Production manager serves as a member of the newly created Shared Creative Audio Services Department and reports directly to the Director of Messaging and Creative Audio Services. This position is responsible to manage or dub audio productions as assigned, and to create audio messages as needed for both KSBJ and NGEN Radio.
• Responsible for production of audio productions within deadlines
• Creative writing, recording and producing of audio productions as assigned
• Responsible for regular produced features as assigned – Like Church Without Walls, Say the Pledge, etc.
• Record Artists, and Listeners as needed
• Provides feedback and direction to clients regarding their audio messages
• Leads the Shared Creative Audio Services Department when the Director, is away
• Cover Air shifts as needed
· Keep Productions organized in Wrike
· Oversee Studio schedules as needed
Loading of productions into Zetta, and helping to keep them organized
• Any other duties assigned
Degree in radio/television broadcasting, preferred
Minimum 5 years radio experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Creative and enthusiastic, team player
· Ability to use Adobe Audition and/or Pro Tools
· Strong administrative and organizational skills
· Effective writing skills and excellent grammatical usage and style
· Excellent interpersonal skill
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Google tool applications
Working Conditions and Environment
Only a few nights or weekends a year
Physical Activity may include Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
To apply visit our careers page at www.ksbj.org/careers. For consideration, you must include Air Check/Voice Demo with at least 5 sample breaks.
To apply for this job please visit www.ksbj.org.