KSBJ Assistant Program Director/Music Director (APD/MD
The KSBJ Assistant Program Director/Music Director serves as a member of the Programming Department and reports directly to the Program Director.
APD role directly supervises, coaches, and develops part-time and fill-in air talent. Along with the Program Director, ensures the smooth functioning of the Programming Department, including learning, implementing, and contributing creative input and direction for KSBJ’s programming. Includes scheduling of all air staff. APD is also required to be able to fill-in on-air for any daypart if needed.
MD role is responsible for developing, creating, and maintaining, music-based programming that delights listeners, shares God’s love, and communicates truth. Success includes developing meaningful relationships, through music, with people who listen.
- Responsible for adding, maintenance and rotation of all music at KSBJ. This includes:
o Screening new music and making recommendations for new currents
o Leading and participating in weekly music meetings
o Preparing daily KSBJ music and program logs. This includes inputting all songs, promos, sweepers and data into scheduling software. Also includes manual review, editing and export of logs, in order to best meet listener’s music needs.
o Assisting in preparing weekly and annual music tests; integration of research
- Serve as primary contact with record company representatives. This includes establishing and maintaining relationships, tracking singles and coordinating giveaways.
- Provide weekly reports for National music charts and communication to other interested parties
- Oversee the Enter His Gates program in coordination with show host
- Provide reports/feedback as requested regarding music on KSBJ
- Involvement in programming functions such as:
o Assist PD with coordination of programming department activities
o Participate in Heartbeat, cross-departmental planning meetings
o Regular air-check coaching, and any other needed training and supervision of Part Time air talent
o Pro-actively assist in design and implementation of compelling, faith-based programming that meets the needs of KSBJ’s target listener(s), and supports KSBJ’s Mission
o Creating any needed communications (1-Sheets, etc.) to support programming and other initiatives
- Write and disseminate programming-related memos and information as needed
- Schedule all air-staff for on-air shows. This includes emcees for Brown Bags and concerts, board operators for remotes, traffic reporting, and other duties involving air talent.
- Serve as a back-up to Program Director, Utility Player as needed, and other on-air staff as needed.
- Any other work as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
High School Diploma
- 5 to 7 years previous experience in the radio industry
- At least 3 years previous experience as Program Director, Music Director, Assistant Program Director, or comparable programming experience
- MUST have experience with G-Selector software
- Have on-air skills at a high enough level to fill in for any daypart.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an understanding of KSBJ’s audience and the Christian culture at-large.
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain relationships with industry representatives
- Must be able to multi-task and have a strong eye for detail
- Is knowledgeable, conversant in, and demonstrates, Christian values and culture
- Strong understanding of radio programming fundamentals
- Computer literate; responsible for staying current with programming software such as music scheduling, production, and automation software
- Able to design, produce, and troubleshoot music clocks, logs and songs rotations
- Self-motivated to initiate work and get things done on or before schedule
- Collaborative approach to the programming process
- A dedication to excellence
- Strong people skills. Ability to manage and develop talent.
Immediate supervision of a small group of employees. Recommends candidates for hiring, termination; prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews, and applies company policies.
Working Conditions and Environment
Occasional industry conferences or educational opportunities
To apply for this and any other open positions that you may qualify for, please visit our careers webpage located at www.ksbj.org/careers.
Who We Are
KSBJ Educational Foundation is a Christ-centered, non-profit, listener-supported radio ministry.
“To be the Voice of Hope, Connecting People to God.”
Our Core Values
We’re Passionate for Christ
We Love People
We Serve Others
Together We’re Better
To apply for this job please visit www.ksbj.org.