The Family Radio Network, Inc.
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
(Weekdays, weeknights and weekends as necessary)
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Benefits: Please see current benefits policy
The Family Radio Network, Inc. operates a network of radio stations known as The Family and is seeking a full-time Promotions Director. This position will develop and execute successful promotions that increases our listener base, reaches our donors and business sponsor needs. Oversee and supervise Promotions Coordinators.
Essential Job Duties:
- Learn and understand “The Family” demographics and target audience.
- Lead and schedule promotions meetings with promotions committee including programming and business development departments to develop successful promotional concepts and options that reach our listeners, donors, business underwriters and impact our community.
- Coordinates, organizes and schedules all station events.
- Develop and oversee all promotional and contest initiatives. Day to day management of all station promotions.
- Develop, supervise, train and coordinate schedules for Promotional Assistants and volunteers in all areas of set-up, tear-down and presentation.
- Work with media, public officials and business owners on promotional events.
- Coordinates schedules for onsite broadcasts or station events.
- Set up, organize and attend expo events with Business Development Department.
- Give creative input to “capture the moment” promotions, defined as promotions that take advantage of current trends.
- Helps with the creativity of designing flyers, posters, brochures, printed materials.
- Interact with on-air personalities and station program director to ensure that on-site broadcasts and on-air giveaways are properly laid out and timely executed.
- Support the underwriting department by providing information that can benefit the station and the company.
- Receive, process and approve promotional requests with promotions committee, as needed.
- Supervise stations contests including originating or adapting ideas, arranging prizes and managing rules.
- Design and research station promotional items for giveaway and promotions.
- Organize, plan and inventory giveaways. Supervise station contests including helping to develop originating or adapting ideas, arranging prizes and communicating with on-air staff.
- Ensure we are branding our station at all promotional events.
- Ensure that all equipment, promotional items, banners, etc. are ready for each promotional event.
Faith Based Expectations:
- Uphold and live out The Family Radio Network’s mission, vision, and statement of faith.
- Provide servant leadership as patterned by Christ. Compassionate, speaking the truth in love, soliciting feedback, spiritual maturity, fostering an atmosphere for The Family Radio Network, Inc. team to flourish.
- Minister, pray and share the gospel with listeners and donors.
- Be actively involved in a local church.
On-Air Responsibilities, if applicable:
- On-air voice tracker and fill-in voice tracker, as needed.
- Effective communicator who will present, develop and deliver a live or voice tracked show, as needed, that relates to our target audience using traditional biblical worldview in accordance with our statement of faith.
- Engage listeners and shares personal experiences that relates to our audience
- Prepares and outlines show content
- Proficient with Social media platforms
- Strong leadership, organization and management skills to lead and develop promotions team which includes the promotions committee, Promotion Coordinators and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate self-initiative skills and the ability to show a level of business experience which includes significant public relations, organizational tasks, written and oral communications, public presentations, decision-making initiative, analytical skills, creativity and an ability to work independently are required.
- Proven track record for creating and developing promotions.
- Assist with public relations.
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse publics and staff.
- Public speaking, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Social Media knowledge and understanding
- Must have the ability to manage programming and sales expectations to deliver promotions that accomplish programming and underwriting goals. Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record. May need to use personal vehicle, as needed.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required, BA preferred or equivalent experience.
- Required 2-year minimum experience in promotions.
- Preferred 2-year minimum experience as an on-air talent, as applicable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 + pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Family Radio Network, Inc., including 91.9 WEMI-FM, 91.5 WEMY-FM, 91.3 WSTM-FM and 88.5 WGNV-FM has established religious faith as a qualification for employment, as permitted by the FCC’s instructions. EOE
-resumes can be sent to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org