Family Radio (a.k.a. Family Stations, Inc.) is a nonprofit, Christian ministry centered around our mission:
“Everything we do at Family Radio is to enable people to discover, read, trust, and profess the Word of God, the Bible.”
Are you a student of the written word? Can you write copy so engaging it could make the dictionary go viral? Do you feel stories explain the human experience better than textbooks? Can you write characters who surprise even you?
Family Radio is looking for a full-time Creative Writer to join our writing team! The ideal candidate will have proven experience writing engaging copy for advertising and social media as well as the ability to create genuine, heartfelt stories inspired by the Bible, history, and your own imagination.
We’d love for you to have years of work experience as a writer, but we desire talent and creative collaboration above all! This position offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to write for a national media network all while sharing God’s Truth using their creativity!
- Collaborate with other members of the writing team to generate content
- Write copy promoting Family Radio through social media, advertising, broadcasts, etc.
- Develop and create stories and testimonials that connect hearts to God
- Research historic and biblical narratives that can inspire our content
- Edit content created by writing team for both conceptual clarity and grammatical accuracy
- Conceptualize and pitch new ideas for existing programs and platforms (radio, podcasts, etc.)
- Work with the team to develop exciting, impactful, new programs that point hearts to Jesus
- Accept and take ownership of tasks and projects assigned by the creative content manager
- College degree in advertising, communications, screenwriting, etc. preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a collaborative environment
- Proven creative writing skills with samples readily available
- Ability to write quality content under deadlines
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to graciously accept criticism and rejection of your ideas
- Deep understanding of biblical concepts such as redemption, atonement, grace, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of story structure, character development, and dialogue
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new creative software and techniques
- Audio or video editing with Adobe CC
- Writing for SEO
- Radio or podcast production experience
TO APPLY, please follow this link to our Employment page:
Family Stations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a non-denominational corporation.
To apply for this job please visit www.familyradio.org.