Promotions Manager – Blue Ridge Broadcasting
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer
- Consistently participates in daily BGEA staff devotions
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence
- Help grow overall listenership through public appearances and events that reflect the ministry’s image and missions in union with what’s presented on-air and in external marketing
- Develops and implements the ministry’s external marketing strategy by ensuring the synergy and clarity of marketing initiatives, images and goals as they pertain to external messaging in collaboration with the Assistant Program Director, Program & Promotions Director and General Manager.
- Creates, develops, and executes proposals, outlines, and plans for on-air promotions, contests and events.
- Submit to organizations, ministries and promoters approved proposals.
- Collaborate with Ministry Associates in securing funding, as needed, for ministry events and promotions.
- Plans and manages all public appearances including the scheduling of employees and volunteers for events.
- Creates a detailed outline of happenings at events, and directing station remotes for Blue Ridge Broadcasting
- Develops, submits, and regularly monitors the annual budget for the promotion and events department of BRB
- Manages purchasing and inventory of promotional giveaways; identifies and secures sources for promotional materials for station imaging/advertising (e.g., T-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.)
- Develops processes regarding on-air audience promotions and giveaways for the staff of BRB and listeners
- Builds relationships with churches, non-profits, and ministry organizations that share the statement of faith of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association in the markets served by the stations owned by BRB.
- Manages all aspects of cleaning, maintenance, and scheduling use of station vehicles for events and promotions. In addition, ensure that each vehicle maintains an inventory of promotional giveaway items.
- Coordinate with Chief Engineer about equipment needs for live broadcasts for on-air promotions and events
- Participate with the programming team during “Brainstorm” sessions
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Reports to the Assistant Program Director
- Collaborates closely with the Program and Promotions Director and General Manager
- Manages staff and volunteers at remote broadcasts and events
- Skills and Knowledge
- Four year degree in Communications, Marketing or related field preferred and five years’ experience in event coordination, public relations, marketing, sales, or endeavors that provide demonstrative ability working in a fast-paced service environment.
- Demonstrative PR/marketing/proposal writing ability
- Knowledge of original event planning and external marketing/advertising
- Eye for display and presentation at events.
- Self-motivated to work ahead on events, projects, and other duties as assigned
- Superior organizational skills
- Outgoing, friendly personality comfortable making public presentations or announcements.
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of personality types.
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute events
- Ability to review completed events and implement changes to improve the listener experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to think creatively under tight deadlines
- Experience in radio promotions is preferred
- Physical/Mental Demands
- A positive attitude and team player mindset
- Able to work a flexible schedule; available to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to travel; some overnight travel possible.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to tolerate extended periods of standing and sitting, both indoors and out.
- Ability to climb a ladder; and able to lift up to 50 pounds unaided.
- Clean driving record
- Working Conditions
- Work in close proximity to other people
- Work under stress and pressure
- Ability to spend long periods outdoors
To apply for this job please visit bgea.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.